All Washed Up Looking for Oceans STEAM Activities for Summer Reading? Check out the Our Blue Planet: EARTH STEAM Activity Toolkit!
Summer reading is rapidly approaching! If your library is participating in the Collaborative Summer Library Program’s Oceans of Possibilities summer reading theme or you simply want to facilitate some awesome water-themed STEAM activities the summer, have we got the toolkit for you!
The NASA@ My Library Our Blue Planet: EARTH STEAM Activity toolkit containing five ready-to-deploy hands-on activities related to ocean and water science. Each activity has been selected to be low-cost, adaptable, and fun for you and your patrons!
This digital toolkit includes blog posts here on starnetlibraries.org to help program facilitators with additional information on the tools and concepts involved in running these five activities.
Each blog post contains:
- Links to the activities on STAR Net’s online STEM Activity Clearinghouse where you can find book lists, how-to-videos, related links, and more!
- Modifications & Preparation lists that include photos and instructions on how to prepare activities for on-site or outreach events, virtual programming, or as a take-and-make kit.
- Details on the activity including age appropriateness, cost, and time to complete the activity.
- Information and additional links to help familiarize yourself with the science and concepts covered in the hands-on activity.
- Links to video resources related to the activity for yourself and to share with your patrons.
Check out the toolkit blog entries below and explore the Our Blue Planet: EARTH collection on the STEM Activity Clearinghouse for even more activities related to Earth’s ocean and oceans on other worlds!
GLOBE Observer: Clouds and Cloudscape
A Drop in the Bucket and Catch! The World’s Oceans